State of the Net is the international conference which tries to capture the state of art of the internet in Italy and in the world, considering its impact on our society. SotN is a key meeting for the italian industry and tech community, as it investigates dynamics and opportunities in the current digital scenario.
We are proud to gather each year the most relevant opinion makers, entrepreneurs and journalists from Italy, Europe and the United States. The format of the conference is based on keynote speeches setting themes which are then discussed in open conversations with experts and all the attendees in the main room. English is the working language.
All contents from the conference are available on SotN’s YouTube channel. Please, take a look at some of our past conferences’ highlights:
- Euan Semple seeking personal truth
- Lee Bryant, David Orban, Vinay Gupta and Euan Semple debating about the scale of the challenges we’re facing
- Vinay Gupta arguing over a post-bureaucratic democracy
- Lee Bryant on the changes in the organisations in the age of algorithms
- Luca De Biase defining the concept of Hyperhistory
- Dave Winer advocating for an open internet developement world
- Anne Wright fighting the tyranny of the Norm
- Doc Searls introducing the idea of Personal Clouds
- Marc Canter‘s version on how to build digital cities
- Howard Rheingold interviewed about thriving online
- Pietro Speroni di Fenizio‘s history of eDemocracy platforms
- Jon Worth stating the end of traditional political parties
- Daniel Landau investigating human empowerment in the information age
Visit SotN’s Library to discover all the 100+ speakers and 100+ sessions from every edition of the conference.